[meteorite-list] "As the Eagle Butte turns"

From: magellon_at_earthlink.net <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:25 2004

--------------100257D116DE9B860FC29FA5

All,
I received this email from a new meteorite collector who gave me permission to share it with you:

"To:
 magellon_at_earthlink.net

Hi, I liked your info on Meteorwrongs . Very interesting. I did purchase
two small and very interesting Eagle Buttes for a total of $20. These are
without any doubt slag. When I contacted the seller he put up a huge fuss
saying that they are indeed meteorites and I was wrong. I pushed for a
refund and he told me he would refund minus shipping and that they better be
exactly as he shipped them or a refund would be denied. He said he has very
detailed photos of each piece 'for insurance purposes'. I am certain he
will not be refunding my money because they will mysteriously show up
damaged even though they are well packaged. I checked his feedback and
several people have bought these. The way he has them pictured on his
auction made it difficult to see the foam and air bubbles which would make
anyone suspicious. You can thank guys like these for turning away new
collectors.
"collector from TX". (name removed by request)"

Well at least there are no more listings of EB's on eBay! Congrats to IMCA members and others who spoke up.
Best,
Ken Newton

--------------100257D116DE9B860FC29FA5

All,
to share it with you:
.&nbsp; Very interesting.&nbsp; I did purchase
These are
a huge fuss
for a
better be
he has very
certain he
up
and
on his
make
away new
Congrats to IMCA members and others&nbsp; who spoke up.