[meteorite-list] "As the Eagle Butte turns"

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:25 2004

--part1_17f.4941175.29b6bae2_boundary

> > Well at least there are no more listings of EB's on
> > eBay! Congrats to IMCA members and others who
> > spoke up.

With any luck, we may have seen the last of Eagle Butte, at least on ebay.
In his extraordinarily distasteful correspondence with Matteo, the seller,
the so-called "Dr. Schimpf", claimed to be a member of the Board of Trustees
of the Royal Tyrell Museum in Alberta, so I took the liberty of writing the
Museum to inquire. On Feb 22, they responded to me that they don't HAVE a
Board of Trustees, much less had they ever heard of this "Dr. Schimpf". I
sent along several examples of the rather colorful language, and suggested to
the Museum representative that a lowlife such as this, selling a fake
meteorite and claiming to represent the Museum, was hardly good P.R. for the
Institution. Needless to say, they responded in agreement. The seller was
copied on all this correspondence, so perhaps he's finally gotten the message
and moved on.

Gregory

--part1_17f.4941175.29b6bae2_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&gt; Well at &nbsp;least there are no more listings of EB's on
<BR>&gt; eBay! &nbsp;Congrats to IMCA members and others &nbsp;who
<BR>&gt; spoke up.
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>With any luck, we may have seen the last of Eagle Butte, at least on ebay. &nbsp;&nbsp;In his extraordinarily distasteful &nbsp;&nbsp;correspondence with Matteo, the seller, the so-called "Dr. Schimpf", claimed to be a member of the Board of Trustees of the Royal Tyrell Museum in Alberta, so I took the liberty of writing the Museum to inquire. &nbsp;&nbsp;On Feb 22, they responded to me that they don't HAVE a Board of Trustees, much less had they ever heard of this "Dr. Schimpf". &nbsp;I sent along several examples of the rather colorful language, and suggested to the Museum representative that a lowlife such as this, selling a fake meteorite and claiming to represent the Museum, was hardly good P.R. for the Institution. &nbsp;&nbsp;Needless to say, they responded in agreement. &nbsp;The seller was copied on all this correspondence, so perhaps he's finally gotten the message and moved on. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Gregory</FONT></HTML>

--part1_17f.4941175.29b6bae2_boundary--