[meteorite-list] Strange Martian Surface Feature

From: STUARTATK_at_aol.com <STUARTATK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:25 2004

--part1_de.23646819.29b855ab_boundary

ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_saic.com writes:

> Hoagland's extraordinary claims are not remotely supported by the
> evidence at hand. That is why he is considered a "nutcase".

Having said that, as I understand it Mr Hoagland was one of the first people
to openly suggest that there may be primitive lifeforms beneath the ice on
Europa, an idea which is almost universally accepted by exo-biologists now,
so let's not condemn the guy *totally*. It's all good for debate and
increasing public interest in Mars, which is what we really need if we've to
have any hope of staging a manned mission anytime soon.

Stu

www.newmars.com

--part1_de.23646819.29b855ab_boundary