[meteorite-list] Help with Gold Basin locations

From: Allen Emer <aemer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:25 2004

My thirteen yr old son and I have just recently started studying and
collecting meteorites.

A client has booked me to shoot a video in Las Vegas the week after my
son's spring break from school and we are looking forward to taking the
opportunity to fly out early for a week to visit meteor crater and do some
meteorite hunting in Gold Basin and also on a dry lake bed. My twin
brother lives in Vegas and is a geophysicist so we have access to 4 wheel
drive transport as well as metal detectors and even a proton procession
magnometer if needed.....

My question to the list is if some one can help us with some GPS lat/longs
to find an appropriate place to start our search for both Gold Basin and
any dry lake bed in the Nev / Arizona area. We will work our way down to
Tucson by the end of the first week in April

Any help with directions and location of strewn fields would be greatly
appreciated..

Thanks

Al & Sean Emer