[meteorite-list] Betting on Rob's New Moroccan Fall

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:27 2004

Rob wrote:

> It's a very fragile, almost crumbly meteorite that doesn't take a polish at
> all, so you might have to concentrate hard when looking at the picture I've
> posted here http://fernlea.tripod.com/newfall.html
> The matrix had a much higher contrast when it was still wet with alcohol
> coolant, but it looks very much blander when dry and it can be difficult to
> see the small brecciation. I think LL6 is a pretty safe bet on this one, but
> we'll see.

Hmm! My first-second thought was: Could this be be another diogenite?
The greenish tinge of the matrix and its fragile, crumbly matrix that
doesn't take a polish at all definitely reminds me of Bilanga. And here
is another bet: I BET I'll get a little piece for free from Rob if my
guess should prove right because I was the first to recognize it as a
diogenite :-)

Best wishes,

Bernd