[meteorite-list] New Moroccan Fall

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:27 2004

Hello all

Look the ebay auctions of Mr.Hupe meteoritelab and
look the Bensour meteorite...is many similar.
Regards

Matteo

--- FERNLEA4_at_aol.com wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I received several individuals and fragments of the
> new Moroccan fall this
> afternoon, and couldn't resist quickly grinding a
> face onto one of the pieces
> and having a peek inside.
> This one fell at 16:17 GMT on 11th February.....just
> about the same time that
> many of us were gathering for the start of Daryll
> Pitt's meteorite auction in
> Tucson. Kinda weird timing, don't you think??
> It's a very fragile, almost crumbly meteorite that
> doesn't take a polish at
> all, so you might have to concentrate hard when
> looking at the picture I've
> posted here http://fernlea.tripod.com/newfall.html
> My largest individual is just over 200g and there
> are many dinky little,
> perfectly fusion crusted individuals that resememble
> the Holbrook & Pultusk
> "peas".
> The matrix had a much higher contrast when it was
> still wet with alcohol
> coolant, but it looks very much blander when dry and
> it can be difficult to
> see the small brecciation. I think LL6 is a pretty
> safe bet on this one, but
> we'll see.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.
> http://fernlea.tripod.com/forsale.html
> Fernlea Meteorites,
> The Wynd,
> Off Dickson Lane,
> Milton of Balgonie,
> Fife. KY7 6PY
> United Kingdom
> Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563
> Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991
> Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/