[meteorite-list] a little collector advice........

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:27 2004

CR2: $200-300/GR. now $20-18/gr.
R4 - 3.9: $500/gr. now $40/gr.
SNC $2000-1000/gr. now $500-200/gr.
Lunar $35.000/gr. now $5000 - 1000/gr.

I repeat, go to this way and the market go in total
ruin. I have at few a probably new acapulcoite, but I
no sale for $70/gr. but for $250/gr. and $200/gr. for
dealers, and I no go under this price - is only 180
gr. - I have a new eucrite in arrive but for the 100%
I no sale for $8/gr. ........
regards

matteo

--- dean bessey <deanbessey_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > ³When Zag first came out it was $3-$5.00 per
> gram
> > > and then it shot up to $11.00, and now you can
> buy Zag
> > > for $1.00 to $5.00 per gram......²
> >
> This is misleading. ZAG was selling for less than $1
> a gram and then went up
> after the water anouncement.
> I still fondly remember buying a kilo of Zag from
> Michael Casper for 50
> cents a gram and then having the water story break
> before the material even
> arrived to me and seeing another dealer offing it at
> $8 a gram.
> And at that time ZAG had an official TKW of 175
> kilos but likely double that
> is conservative. Of course it did later fall back in
> price.
> Right now meteorites in general are underpriced
> because of the large
> quantities of desert material. Even known falls and
> rare material from other
> non desert areas have droped in price like a stone
> (Or maybe that should be
> "like a meteorite").
> Wither the $15 price that the new moroccan fall is
> currently being sold for
> sticks, drops, or rises in the near term will depend
> on what it found in the
> lab. A unusual LL fall seems like a good deal at
> $15.
> There have been 15 kilos found as of last saturday
> (I have half of it) and
> it seems that everybody in eastern morocco is
> currently looking for more. If
> no more is found you will soon be very happy if you
> buy it now at $15. If
> 100 kilos get found you will see $4 or $5 but right
> now it dont appear that
> there is that much.
> However, this meteorite is very vulnerable to
> getting wet. It has to be cut
> with alcohol. And it has recently rained in the
> strewnfield so newly found
> material will not be as fresh as the material that
> was picked up the day of
> the fall (Like mine was).
> Whatever the price this is certainly a stunning
> meteorite and you want
> slices in your collection.
> I have that 119.5 gram individual that I posted
> photos to the list a couple
> days ago available uncut at $15 a gram. The rest I
> should have by next week.
> I have two that are over a kilo. I dont expect a
> huge price drop on the $15
> a gram price (Unless there is a lot stashed away
> somewhere but searchers are
> not having luck over the last few days in finding
> more).
> This meteorite is really unusual looking. If
> anything really unusual turns
> up in the lab you will likely see a price increase.
> And it is so unusual
> looking that assuming that it is an LL you cant
> really go wrong at $15. But
> I am selling the material so I am obviously biased
> in my opinions here. I
> will have a sale posted shortly.
> [...]

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/