[meteorite-list] SALE? NEW FALL

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:28 2004

You can wait until next week and buy it from mike Farmer for $2 a gram (And
I recomend that you buy all that you can from him - if you went to morocco
today you couldent buy it for that and one of the nicest and very unusual LL
fall that you can find is certainly worth more than $2 a gram. In fact I
would buy all that he has).
However if you want to pay $15 then I have it today. I have hundreds of
individuals from 10 to 50 grams with crust. I am not sure what is nicest on
this. The fresh crust on meteorites that was picked up the same day as they
fell or the brecciation that shows in the broken surface. These are 100%
nice no matter how much crust is on them. From what I gather the mass is
about 18 to 20 kilos but of course we still dont know for sure yet. If that
mass total holds I will have over half of the fall. My meteorites were
supposedly picked up the day of the fall by military personnel in the desert
who saw it fall. I also bought 2 kilos later. Here are more photos:
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/newfall2.htm
The first two photos is of a 1478 gram individual that has about 98% crust
and still some sahara sand on it. It is a museum showpiece. This is the
biggest piece that I know of (yet) and I am hoping that it will eventually
turn out to be the main mass. I dont plan on selling it until it is known to
be the main mass or until a bigger piece apears.
I guess that nobody is interested at $15 anymore as you worry that the price
might drop but if you want individuals they are available. I have very small
ones to but I havent decided what I will price tham at yet. My ebay auctions
are down to almost nothing right now as I have to leave the country for a
week at the end of the month but I will have this stuff on ebay shortly.
I think that this fall should be given the name NWA1500 (Just kidding).
cheers
DEAN