[meteorite-list] Question Regarding SAU 008

From: Bob Martino <martino.6_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:28 2004

All,

I have a nice piece of Sayh Al Uhaymir 008 coming soon. It will be
installed in the Mars Room at the observatory where I work. I'm working on
signs for the exhibit and have a couple of questions:

What is the crystallization age for the rock?
How long did it spend in space?
What is its terrestrial age?

I've searched the web for this info, but all I can turn up is the same
couple of paragraphs detailing the find (location, date, TKW, etc.). If
these questions are still unanswered, that's fine too. If you know for
sure that these answers are _not_ known, please let me know.

As a side note, the Mars Room at Perkins Observatory contains a really cool
Mars Rover and Lander made entirely out of LEGO bricks. I say it's really
cool and you can trust me on that because I built it myself and therefore I
should know. :)

Check it out at:
http://www.perkins-observatory.org/marsrover.html

We now return you to Celebrity Boxing.