[meteorite-list] Silent Giants, Meteorites and Singing

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:29 2004

 Dear All,
Silent Giant;
Sounds of like an award that was missing at the Annual Tucson Birthday
Bash-Harvey Awards Party-
 Ceremony.
I nominate another individual to co hold the first Silent Giant award
for next year who is good buddies with Mr. Rob (cite the Arizona vaca
murta incident).
Dave Andrews. Yup, the Udder Dave. He has been a positive list asset,
helps all of us that would ask... from computer problems, to where in
the He..is the Holbrook strewnfield, a very nice web site with our
links, he even hosts special hunts for some of us at his favorite
strewnfield. He has sent me a number of treasures including a
cherished piece of crapper, and this February after a futile day of
enjoying the scenic Holbrook strewnfield in a 30 mile an hour wind and
coming up empty minus a bunch of red sand in everything, the guy gives
me a genuine Holbrook meteorite that really did look like a bunny turd
after all, thank you John Blennert for cataloging this descriptive
classification.
Dave is a good friend, a good meteorite strewnfield steward, and has
been rumored to have associated with the phantom meteorite "posse".
What a guy! We should all have his virtues...well, minus the dead cow...

Best Wishes,
Dave Freeman
Rock Springs, home of the unknown strewnfield