[meteorite-list] Rob's specimen made an impact!

From: herbert.raab_at_ris.at <herbert.raab_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:29 2004

Dear freidns,

Rob's specimen arrived around noon here in Linz,
Austria. It's a very nice fragment with rich,
jet-black fusion crust and a very interesting,
fine-grained, light gray matrix. Quite a nice
sample, and I am very happy to add this to my
collection!

Considering that I didn't even know that Rob will
offer a price when I posted my guess about the
classification of this new fall, owning a nice
26.65g sample of it - only five weeks after is
has landed on our planet - is quite a surprise
for me.

Many thanks to Rob and everyone involved!

  Best greetings,
   Herbert

P.S.: I'd love to share an image of the proud owner
with the sample, but I have neither a digital
camera, nor a scanner... :-(