[meteorite-list] My Nantan's had its first baby

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:31 2004

Dave Harris whined:

> Aaaah, good old Nantan! Had its first baby today, a quarter sized chunk
> of shale that exfoliated into my palm as I handed it to my son Sam.

Hello Fellow Sufferer,

I bought a sizeable individual in August of 1999 at a mineral and gem
show in Ulm (Southern Germany on the Danube river). It didn't live
to see the beginning of the 21st century but ended up in my garbage
container as "crumbs" and "bits and pieces" .... poor fella :-) / :-(

Best grief,

Bernd

P.S.: Luckily I also have a very stable 335-gram cut
Nantan endpiece I had acquired several years before!