[meteorite-list] Antarctic meteorites on the move...

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:31 2004

Hi All,

Has anyone checked out the latest images of Iceberg B-22?
This sucker is over 2100 square miles! Think how many
meteorites are on it, rafting away from the South Pole.

<http://uwamrc.ssec.wisc.edu/amrc/iceberg.html>

Since it is no longer technically part of Antarctica, why
don't we all pitch in and mount an expedition down there,
set up camp on the iceberg, and mine its meteorites on
snowmobile before it melts and dumps its cargo into the
ocean? ;-) I'm only half-kidding... --Rob