[meteorite-list] What fell in Massachusetts?

From: Charlie Devine <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:32 2004

Dear list,

A friend and fellow artifact collector just informed me that twice this
week on a local Massachusetts/Rhode Island CBS affiliate, they have
shown a crater in Freetown, Ma with an "object" in the crater that they
claim was seen to fall last week.
The report indicated that it could be "worth a million dollars" or just
be space junk. I live
in nearby RI but watch the local news on the NBC affiliate and nothing
was reported on that station. I'm thinking space junk but honestly
haven't a clue. Anyone know anything about this??
Best wishes,
Charlie