[meteorite-list] Ikeya-Zhang

From: Robert Woolard <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:32 2004

Hello guys,

   Guess I COULD have given a little bit more info on
the comet, huh? Sorry about that.

    I live in Little Rock, AR and at about 7:30pm last
night (3-23), I'm guessing that it was about 25-30
degrees above the horizon, almost exactly midway
between W and NW. It is to the right of Mars, if that
helps. (I love meteorites, but as you can see, my
technical skills at describing "celestial postions"
is somewhat laking). The comet is moving closer to the
horizon each night, and will become visible in the
morning sky during the first week of April.

   The best info I can give is to check out this site:
www.astronomy.com There is a link there that shows
sky charts and positions of the comet for the next
couple of weeks or so.

    Hope this helps, and thanks for the questions and
the appecciation expressed. Clear skies to all!

    Robert Woolard

    IMCA # 8103