[meteorite-list] Ikeya-Zhang

From: trandall_at_idsi.net <trandall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:32 2004

>I been keeping close tabs on this comet as I am first an amateur
>astronomer then a meteorite collector. I been tracking it's
>brightness over the past 2 weeks or so and I am quite suprised at
>how fast it is getting bright. If only I could get my motor working
>on my scope I will take a few pics of it and post em up. Lately here
>ahs not been very good for viewing the comet however last week when
>I did the Messier Marathon (tracked 103 of the 110 messier objects
>in one night) it was looking pretty good.
>
>Clear Skies & Happy Hunting,
>
>Jay Haynes

    The comet passed perihelion I believe yesterday so if you are
interested in seeing it do it soon. I have not had the chance to see
it yet but all reports say it's a beauty with an upwards pointing
tail. Naked eye under real dark skies and an easy binocular object
otherwise. www.skyandtelescope.com has good finder charts...

Regards,
Tom Randall
IMCA# 6170