[meteorite-list] Bensour

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:33 2004

Michael Farmer wrote:
>.......the Moroccans raised my price as is their right to do.
> My total cost including trip expenses is $3.20 gram......
> so although the price is higher than I
> had hoped, it is still within my offer. A Couple of people have had a
> problem with that, and I do indeed apologize, but in the rear world
> things change, and this did. Even at the raised price of $3.20 gram,
> it is still almost 5 times lower than Deans price of $15 gram, if that
> is not a damn good bargain, I don't know what is.
> Anyone who agrees or disagrees with this, please email us and tell us
> why?
> I look for any input on this matter.
> Mike Farmer
------------------
Gee, Mike,
        I have a problem with wading through the garbage you two were slinging
at one another....then you offering material at $2/g in a spirit of "my
dad can
beat up your dad." sort of way. I was so ticked at both of you that I
nearly
bought a kilo to stick it to you for spreading all that crap all over
the list for
days. BUT, I just ordered 30 grams - I thought that was enough to make
the
point..............but now you want to back out?
        OK, Mike, I'll tell you what - I will HAPPILY let you off the hook (and
you
DID confirm my order at $2 a gram) - IF you sollomly promis not to act
like
a hybrid between a child and a rabid junk yard dog, name calling and
smearing crapola all over this list when someone yanks your chain - ever
again.
        It will be WELL worth it to me.
        Otherwise, be a man and fork over the $2/g order you bragged about. Not
just to me, but to everyone who ordered based on your "advertized"
price.
        Personally, I would vastly prefer the promise. You are a good guy,
Mike. It
is time you acted like it all the time. We know you got it in ya. Give
us the
commitment & I'll gladly pass on the $2/g offer.
        RSVP
        Best wishes - truly - Michael