[meteorite-list] Peace & Bensour

From: Frank Cressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:33 2004

> I worked very very hard to get this to the market at the lowest possible
> price, and succeeded to drop the price by 500%, if that is not a good
thing,
> then I do not know what is. I spent $64,000 to do this, I am not willing
> lose that much money, so to sell at my cost means that I flew halfway
around
> the world for nothing, no profit. So please, think about that, and let me
> know if $3.20 gram is a fair price.

I certainly agree with Mike in that the $3.20/gram he is asking those who
ordered early is fair. In my opinion, way more than fair!
I know Mike is keeping the main mass (~9 kilos) so he is recouping his cost
with the other ~9 kilos of the ~18 kilos he brought back. He paid $3.20/gram
for his collection piece the same as his customers who comitted early at the
low price. To even approach breaking even and to help pay for his collection
piece, he needs to double what he charged.

Mike, I certainly hope you've made a lot of $$$ on your other meteorite
sales, because you certainly have a nice write-off with Bensour. I hope
everyone who got a piece of Bensour for $3.20/gram realizes what a great
deal they got. I do and I certainly appreciate it. Can't hardly wait to see
my piece :-)
Thank you again,
Frank