[meteorite-list] Meteorites and Books for Sale

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:44 2004

Hello Everyone,

More meteorites from my collection. Only the best specimens and all
reasonably priced, at cost. Shipping is $4.00 for US; elsewhere actual
shipping costs.

Bensour, LL6, 78.8 grams, $256.00
Yes, I got this one a few weeks ago from Mike Farmer. I got it to compare
the very fresh fusion crust with another recent but not as recent fall, Gao.
I have now completed my comparison and someone can have it at my cost,
$3.25/gram. Small, (less than 1 gram) micros
have already started to appear on ebay, at a lot more $ per gram! Note the
large triolite or metal bleb in the second image.
http://www.branchmeteorites.com/temp/ben1.jpg
http://www.branchmeteorites.com/temp/ben2.jpg
http://www.branchmeteorites.com/temp/ben3.jpg
http://www.branchmeteorites.com/temp/ben4.jpg

Ghubara, 35.1 grams, $35.00
Here we have a nice slice of Ghubara with rather large and pronounced
clasts. The light colored clasts contrasts
quite well with the dark colored area.
http://www.branchmeteorites.com/temp/ghub.jpg

Saratov, 124 grams, $124 and 12 grams, $12.00
Someone indicated that they wanted these slices when I posted them in March,
then I never heard from him. They are still for sale, at my cost of
$1.00/gram. If they don't sell this time, up on ebay they go a slightly
higher prices
(to cover ebay fees).
http://www.branchmeteorites.com/temp/sar1.jpg
http://www.branchmeteorites.com/temp/sar3.jpg

Zag, H3-6, 57 grams, $40.00
A very nice slice with complete fusion crust along that bottom curved and
straight top portions. Also shows the brecciation well.
http://www.branchmeteorites.com/temp/zag.jpg

Tatahouine, ADIO, 1.64 grams, $12.00
I recently acquired a larger piece so someone gets a great deal on this one!
http://www.branchmeteorites.com/temp/tat.jpg

Allende, CV3, 43.18 grams, 205.00
A very nice, thick slice with great CAIs and chondrules! Only $4.75/gram
for this outstanding slice!
http://www.branchmeteorites.com/temp/all.jpg

Meteorite Books

The following books are in new condition.

I have an extra copy of the book Meteorite Hunter: The Search for Siberian
Meteorite Craters by Roy A. Gallant. Amazon.com has this for $17.47. I
will sell it for $15.00 and I will pay shipping to US residents. I highly
recommend this book. Very easy to read. I like the part where Gallant
refers to the meteorite "pirates" who search for Sikhote-Alins. They
actually turned out to be geologists from the University of Moscow looking
to make some extra money. For those who feel that strewn field data are
unimportant, this book also points out the important information that is
derived from strewn field data

I also have an extra copy of The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites by O.
Richard Norton. Amazon.com has it for $35.00. I will this one for $32.00
and I will pay shipping to US residents.

I have a copy of Meteorites : Their Impact on Science and History by
Brigitte Zanda (Editor), Monica Rotaru (Editor). Amazon.com has this one
for $13.30. I have a copy for $10.00 and I will pay shipping to US
residents.

Finally, I have a softcover copy of Nininger's Find a Falling Star for
$20.00. I got this one recently from the Jensens (thanks very much) to give
to a fellow collector but someone else beat me to it (I had to find a
substitute book very fast). Again, I will pay shipping to US residents.

Purchase all four books and I will take off and additional 10%.

Thanks and best wishes,

-Walter
Walter Branch, Ph.D.
Branch Meteorites