[meteorite-list] A curious reference

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:44 2004

A trip to Google.com turned up the following information.

A "patent bucket" refers to a bucket patented in 1851 by J.W. Smith & Son,
Wartrace, Tennessee. It measures about 9 inches tall and twelve inches
wide with a hand forged iron handle. It held two gallons of liquid.

Here is a picture of a replic.

<http://www.blockaderunner.com/other/hotnew15.html>

I wouldn't want to see the poor SOB that took a direct hit by a meteor the
size of this bucket!

Regards,

John Gwilliam