[meteorite-list] WHY I LIKE NWA METEORITES

From: Greg Redfern <gredfern_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:47 2004

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1F5EC.D99E4600

Class act Jim.

Greg
  -----Original Message-----
  From: meteorite-list-admin_at_meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-admin_at_meteoritecentral.com]On Behalf Of Jim Strope
  Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 11:21 AM
  To: Meteorite Central
  Subject: [meteorite-list] WHY I LIKE NWA METEORITES

  I know this is too late for the contest but here it goes anyway........

  I like NWA meteorites because they have made it possible for new young
collectors like Catherine Fox to be able to own a piece of a star. Even
though her posting was short and to the point, I could almost see the
excitement and wonder in her eyes as she was saying it. And you are right,
Catherine, the Sahara Desert is a very cool place!!! NWA meteorites are
just what this hobby needed to bring in new collectors and furnish an
abundance of material for science to study. But, sadly, this gold rush of
meteorites will someday end just as all other gold rushes through history
have ended sooner or later.

  I also like NWA meteorites because the Sahara Desert has been very good to
me ( Thanks to NWA 482 and others). It has allowed me to take meteorites to
some of the local schools and actually allow people to "touch the moon or
mars". One local school even had a part of their science course which was
teaching the students how to identify meteorites. Unfortunately, their real
examples of meteorites were actually hematite. They knew that they weren't
really meteorites but had no choice and felt hematite was close enough.
Well, they now have real meteorites to use, thanks to NWA meteorites.

  NWA meteorites have also allowed me to be able to afford to give a
meteorite to someone who I feel would really appreciate it. Sikhote-alin
Meteorites are real popular even with non-collectors because they look like
what people think a meteorite should look like. This makes me feel good.
Much more satisfying than money.

  And last but not least, it allows me to say to Catherine Fox---- Your
enthusiasm for meteorites has moved me. Send me your address. I have a
nice .024gram piece of the moon I want to send you as a gift.

  Best Wishes..........

  Jim Strope
  421 Fourth Street
  Glen Dale, WV 26038

  Freshest and only Oriented Lunar Meteorite ever found:
  http://www.nwa482.com

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1F5EC.D99E4600

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D310132821-07052002><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Class=20
act Jim.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D310132821-07052002><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D310132821-07052002><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Greg</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  meteorite-list-admin_at_meteoritecentral.com=20
  [mailto:meteorite-list-admin_at_meteoritecentral.com]<B>On Behalf Of =
</B>Jim=20
  Strope<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, May 07, 2002 11:21 AM<BR><B>To:</B> =
Meteorite=20
  Central<BR><B>Subject:</B> [meteorite-list] WHY I LIKE NWA=20
  METEORITES<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>I know this is too late for the contest but here it goes=20
  anyway........</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I like NWA meteorites because they have made it possible for new =
young=20
  collectors like Catherine Fox to be able to own a piece of =
a&nbsp;star.&nbsp;=20
  Even though her posting was short and to the point, I could almost see =
the=20
  excitement and wonder in her eyes as she was saying it.&nbsp; And you =
are=20
  right, Catherine, the Sahara&nbsp;Desert is a very cool place!!!&nbsp; =
NWA=20
  meteorites are just what this hobby needed to bring in new collectors =
and=20
  furnish an abundance of material for science to study.&nbsp; But, =
sadly, this=20
  gold rush of meteorites will someday end just as all other gold rushes =
through=20
  history have ended sooner or later.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I also like NWA meteorites because the Sahara Desert has been =
very good=20
  to me ( Thanks to NWA 482 and others).&nbsp; It has allowed me to=20
  take&nbsp;meteorites to some of the local schools and actually allow =
people to=20
  "touch the moon or mars".&nbsp; One local school even had a&nbsp;part =
of their=20
  science course which was teaching the students how to identify=20
  meteorites.&nbsp; Unfortunately, their real examples of meteorites =
were=20
  actually hematite.&nbsp; They knew that they weren't really meteorites =
but had=20
  no choice and felt hematite was close enough.&nbsp; Well, they now =
have real=20
  meteorites to use, thanks to NWA meteorites.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>NWA meteorites have also allowed me to be able to afford to give =
a=20
  meteorite to someone who I feel would really appreciate it.&nbsp; =
Sikhote-alin=20
  Meteorites are real popular even with non-collectors because they look =
like=20
  what people think a meteorite should look like.&nbsp; This makes me =
feel=20
  good.&nbsp; Much more satisfying than money.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>And last but not least, it allows me to say to Catherine=20
  Fox----&nbsp;Your enthusiasm for meteorites has moved me.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Send me=20
  your address.&nbsp; I have a nice .024gram piece of the moon I want to =
send=20
  you as a gift.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Best Wishes..........</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Jim Strope<BR>421 Fourth Street<BR>Glen Dale, WV&nbsp; =
26038</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Freshest and only Oriented Lunar Meteorite ever found:<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.nwa482.com">http://www.nwa482.com</A><BR></DIV></DIV><=
/BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1F5EC.D99E4600--