[meteorite-list] New book by Dr. Alan E. Rubin at Amazon.com

From: Mal Bishop <magbish3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:47 2004

--=====================_31930032==_.ALT

Hi all,

Dr. Rubin has just published a new book that I think all of
you will find very pertinent to our hobby and passion!

It was just released this month - May.

The name of the book is: "Disturbing the Solar System : Impacts, Close
Encounters, and Coming Attractions"

The book is hard covered and contains 376 pages.

  From the Inside Flap:

"This book--which reflects Dr. Rubin's experience in writing and lecturing
for public audiences--stands out for its focus, innovation, and appeal. Dr.
Rubin synthesizes a great deal of modern research in geophysics and
planetary science. His selection and treatment of subjects is fresh. Even
when he targets more familiar material, he approaches it with an
unconventional perspective." (E. C. Krupp, Director, Griffith Observatory)

Here's the URL:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0691074747/ref%3Dmk%5Fpb%5Fixp/103-7801260-8432662#product-details

Regards,
Mal

--=====================_31930032==_.ALT

Hi all,<br><br>
Dr. Rubin has just published a new book that I think all of<br>
you will find very pertinent to our hobby and passion!<br><br>
It was just released this month - May.<br><br>
The name of the book is:&nbsp; <b>&quot;Disturbing the Solar System :
Impacts, Close Encounters, and Coming Attractions&quot;<br><br>
&nbsp;From the Inside Flap:<br><br>
&quot;This book--which reflects Dr. Rubin's experience in writing and
lecturing for public audiences--stands out for its focus, innovation, and
appeal. Dr. Rubin synthesizes a great deal of modern research in
geophysics and planetary science. His selection and treatment of subjects
is fresh. Even when he targets more familiar material, he approaches it
with an unconventional perspective.&quot; (E. C. Krupp, Director,
Griffith Observatory)<br><br>
Here's the URL:
Regards,<br>
Mal<br><br>