[meteorite-list] Re: impact melts on asteroids

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:49 2004

Hello David,

Yes, I agree, it is "veryyyy interestinggg".

And I'm impressed with your resourcefulness in getting
answers to your questions.

Also, I'm grateful that you shared this information
with all of us on the List. In this manner, we can
all benefit from your new-found knowledge.

Thanks, Bob V.

[meteorite-list] impact melts on asteroids

David Calongne calongnedav_at_webtv.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 12:44:23 -0500 (CDT)

 hi list, i wrote nasa at what i think was the houston
texas meteorite collection, and got an answer from dr.
john jones via his boss, i think, allen carlton
and he said at the end of his letter that we really
don't know if impact melts are rare or not on
asteroids, but very common on the moon,
he said 2 likely causes they seem to be rare might be
preferential loss during impact or asteroids have
relatively low impact velocities.
veryyyy interestinggg
happy collecting from arlington texas
david