[meteorite-list] Giant Dinosaurs Arrived With A Bang

From: George Winters <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:49 2004

Jason,

You are absolutely right, Humans are responsible for the extinction of many
recent species. But there are local catastrophes such as drought, floods,
and disease that do affect smaller populations of animals. As recently as
50 million years ago, the climate changed worldwide, and areas such as
south western Wyoming, and parts of Utah and Colorado started
drying. Large lakes disappeared, and whole species of fish, and plants
disappeared. My point was that I don't believe we have yet found the
common factor that wiped out a whole group of animals.