[meteorite-list] Tombaugh House Moving Sale (AD)

From: meteorites_at_space.com <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:49 2004

Well folks, I have been busy for almost a year on
something other than meteorites. And once this project
that I have been involved in (or traped in)is over I
will be ready for some much needed R&R meteorite
hunting.

Here is the first story on the project. Click the link
and see:

http://www.azdailysun.com/non_sec/nav_includes/story.cfm?storyID=40592

This will undoubtedly cost much more than what I had
anticipated, but I think (hope) in the long run will be
well worth it. On (May 13th) the house was elevated
off its foundation and some "worms" have appeared. (to
be expected of a house that was built in 1908). I have
lost a lot of sleep over this, but on May 15th the
house was successfully moved 300 feet to my property
where its foundation is being constructed under it.

Click the following to see the moving process (takes a
moment to load):

http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey/house/Move.htm

So, to obtain needed funds for this project, I am
offering the following deal to any interested.

(Cash only)

I wish to sell what I have remaining of my Glorieta
meteorites for $5 per/gram. For this meteorite I will
only do this once, and only for this project. I doubt
that this meteorite will ever be offered so low again.

The largest one is 658 grams, and the oriented one is
386 grams. I also have one 2,700 gram Glorieta
spicule, which I might also sell for $4 per/gram. (But
this is the second largest that I have found and though
I will need the case I am still reluctant to part with
it)

To see the 658 gram and 386 gram pieces click:
http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey/GLORIETA.html

(I will post a picture of the 2.7 kilo piece on request)

Also, I have quite a number of nice Imilac meteorites
these I will let go in bulk for $3 per/gram. I will
have to look over what I have, but I think that I have
about 2 kilos of samples ranging from 10 to 50 grams.

Also, take a look at my sale page, and if anything
interests you give me a serious offer (below my asking
price, or course) and I might go for it.

http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey

If interested, contact me off list.

Thanks,

Steve Schoner