[meteorite-list] Giant Dinosaurs Arrived With A Bang

From: Edward Hodges <holyfireballs_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:49 2004

Fred- The Komodo Dragon wasn't around 65 million years ago, and either were
crocodiles like the ones you see now. They have evolved to become a more
effeciant and smaller predator. So, can you think over any large Reptiles,
that have survived for at least the last 65 million years that are still the
same size? The point is that all large creatures were wiped out 65 million
years ago. It's not clear if the impact killed them, if the nuclear winter
killed them, if they starved, or were wiped out by viruses. The fact remains
that ALL large creatures were wiped from the face of the earth, with the
possible exception of some sea creatures, 65 million years ago by or from
the effects of a large impact. By the way, 10ft., and 25 ft. are hardly
large animals when compared to the large animals that existed pre-impact.
Let's get this straight for those who are still confused, the Komodo Dragon,
and the Crocodile are not dinosaurs that evolved, nor are they related other
than in similar appearance to what we imagine dinosaurs might have looked
like. After a huge event that wipes out almost all food on the planet is it
unreasonable to think that all large un-effecient creature would surely
starve, and or die of related complications? Imagine you are a 30 ton animal
who survives a fiery impact that destroys everything around you. Now, what
do you eat, and exactly how much would you have to eat everyday just to
survive? My guess is that if you were a plant-eater you'd have to come up
with at least 2 tons of vegetation everyday. Let's remember that there was
no grass the way we know it today then. If you were a meat eater, after a
while you'd have to feed on sick starving animals which breeds disease,
which would eventual be passed to the herd. Global Catastrophic Mass
Extinction of all large creatures, not just reptiles. It's all there in the
research data, in the ground, and on the web. -Edward R. Hodges