[meteorite-list] Giant Dinosaurs Arrived With A Bang

From: Edward Hodges <holyfireballs_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:49 2004

Crocodilians, yes have been around for 100's of millions of years. Like I
was telling Fred, The crocodile of today that he was using as his example
didn't exist 65 million years ago. I'm not even sure how we got into this,
but it's kind of silly. Anyone you ask on the street will tell you that all
of the large animals that once ruled the Earth died 65 million years ago.
The Supercroc died out, the crocs of today are tiny in comparison.
Nit-picking will not change the facts. Everything big with the possible
exception of some sea creatures went extinct. Life as it exists on Earth now
is the result of 65 million years of evolution from tiny creatures that
survived the famine, disease, and nuclear winter. There is no possible way
that anything large could have survived, there wasn't food for it to eat. I
have nothing more to say, except pick up a book, get on the net, go to a
museum, ask your teacher, or better yet blow your teacher away with
something that he won't find in the textbooks that are tax dollar is wasted
on. Some ideas, and theories seem radical then decades go by and the nuts
turn out to be visionaries .-Edward