Fwd: [meteorite-list] Deformed Henbury etch patterns

From: David Calongne <coincal_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:49 2004

>From: Starbits_at_aol.com
>To: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
>Subject: [meteorite-list] Deformed Henbury etch patterns
>Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 19:08:45 -0400
>
>A while back I posted some pictures of a couple henbury
>slices with deformed etch patterns. I received a number
>of emails about them and decided to have Jim Hartman cut
>up the rest of the piece. Unfortunately my computer ate
>my list of individuals who contacted me. Those of you
>who are interested please contact me. Photos of the
>slices can be seen at the following URL.
>
>http://www.star-bits.com/henbury2.htm
>
>Eric Olson
>http://www.star-bits.com

i just etched my 1 and only henbury with ferric chloide,the end of the
straight lines are cruved,the lines don't vary in shades of gray, and the
bright division between lines can barely be seen at 8x magnification.most of
the lines are parallel!the lines needed to be "burned" to be seen.
  my campo de celeo is like the kids toys that have 3 pictures at differant
view angles with the light areas changing around depending on view angles
strange...happy etching david