[meteorite-list] Tired of Ebay M-wrong

From: Rafael Blando Torres <spacecollection2001_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:49 2004

I think its a tektite too, is there anybody on the net who controls a little
bit ebays??..it seems almost anyone can post a garden rock or some stupid
thing and claim its a meteorite, and win some money.

For example, we as meteorite collectors know what a meteorite looks like or
at least we know where to buy meteoritesĦĦĦĦĦĦĦ, but an uninformed person
cannot tell a difference and can buy a simple rock thinking its a meteorite.
My friends always say: "how do you know its a meteorite and not a garden
rock?" and I always reply them: I buy them from reputable dealersĦĦĦĦĦĦ

Can we do somthing to prevent these frauds???