[meteorite-list] chondrites' color

From: David Calongne <calongnedav_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:50 2004

   hi list, it seems to me that the majority of these stones are
essensally black, i once order a texas rock that was called green, i
considerate it black, do green ones exist that it doesn't take your
immaginaton to see? from what i see other colors seem to be only gray
and red? under total polish i think sometimes gray can look greenish.oh
yes brown too exist.
  a problem with ordering on the web is false color on pictures i
think specially on black stones. which i imagine you ask questions
before you buy.to some point totally black stones can look like a
barrage of colors that don't really exist, pictured on the web. i wonder
if i will run again into a seller that tells me the stone is some color
and it turns out to be black?
 its neat to have a totally black stone with alot of metal flakes but
other than that having alot of stones that look exactly the same might
be considered boreing. happy collecting david