[meteorite-list] Re: Astronomers Searching For Asteroids Near The Sun

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:52 2004

Hi list,

Ron Baalke's post on astronomers searching for a cloud of tiny planets (asteroids)
near the sun, seems to fit into the idea of where some of the meteorites like
enstatite might come from. We have had a list discussion on this and if some
meteorites may be from Mercury or Venus and with this announcement sparked my
curiosity about the sources. I am posting this for those who might have missed or
didn't relate the news about these. Have a good day!

--AL

Ron Baalke wrote:

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/story/0,3605,720087,00.html
>
> Vulan Fires Up
> The Guardian (United Kingdom)
> May 23, 2002
>
> Astronomers are racing to identify what may be a cloud of tiny planets near
> the sun, says Duncan Steel

Etc.