[meteorite-list] " Beginners Guide to Meteorites "

From: Chuck <talktochuck_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:52 2004

  Hello all,
I am putting together a Site ( with a little help from my friends ) for all
the new people interested in, and starting out in the World of Meteorites.
What I need from all of you, is what Services that you will offer to help
them. I do not want Link's to Dealers, for they must request to be listed
on the site, I will need the original Sources/Link's of all information you
provide. I will want all Dealers to E-mail me if you want to sell to the
person just starting out. I will list your Ebay auctions if you send them to
me and if the are for the beginner.This is some want a screen to help them
start out and lessen their hesitance from in Buying.
Original Information needed about Meteorites: Help with Field/Home ID,
Sources of Cutting and Restoration, Sources of Field and Home Equipment to
buy, MW Sources, Good Sources for Sites and Locations to try, etc. Please
remember, that this a Beginners " How To ".
Dealers, maybe you could offer beginners a sample ID kit, with Photos and
Samples at your site ?. This will not only help you, but You the Dealers
will profit from an educated Buyer !. It's up to you to cast out the line
and reel them in.
There is way to much scattered information out there, and it needs to me put
into a one source pool that can be drawn from. You are all losing Many, Many
Customers daily, because, they all feel intimated and lost whey they begin.
Even tho Many of you have Great information at your site's, it's not a
Complete Source and it leaves them still wandering about with no direction
to help them.
Thank you for your time in reading this, Chuck