[meteorite-list] TRINITITE

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:54 2004

Hi Pierre,
        "Better men than I," as the saying goes, have told me 2 different
things regarding the radioactivity of Trinitite:
1) That its radioactive level is so low as to be completely irrelivant
& that you could tape it to the inside of your jock strap and wear
it daily with ZERO impact on yourself or your offspring (I wouldn't
reccommend this, myself)
2) Others have said it has a "lower" level of radioactivity than the
furnature in your home (I don't see how this is possible - but I lack
insight on several things)
        I do know some collectors keep their Trinitite wrapped in
tin foil "just in case" - but then, some people wear tin foil hats to
protect them from the radio beams....
        Best wishes, Michael