[meteorite-list] Thanks for the Meteorite Times, and questions on Correo

From: Robert Woolard <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:13 2004

Hello List,

   I too want to thank Paul and Jim and everyone else
associated with the online Meteorite Times. I have
really enjoyed them all, and they are something to
look forward to each month. Great job everyone, and
thanks a lot for your time and effort to put these
together!

   I also would like to ask a few questions about the
Correo meteorites. I just read Michael Blood's
comments on searching there in this month's issue of
Meteorite Times. The "official" information in the
Catalog of Meteorites states that "~ 35 specimens
totaling about 700g were found." Obviously, those
figures are way out dated now. Would anyone know at
least ABOUT how many individuals have been found by
now, and their best guess for the current approximate
TKW? Finally, would anyone be able to list the weights
of, let's say, the top ten largest specimens, and how
big was the main mass? I've been told that someone
found one that weighed around 900g, if I remember
correctly. Though I wasn't THAT lucky, I have hunted
there a few times and I was blessed to find a very
beautiful 326g individual with nice flow lines,
regmaglyphs, and even a few spots of black fusion
crust still remaining. I also bought some from the
Lawrences there and donated them to a local university
here in Little Rock along with other different
meteorites to start a local meteorite collection.

    Thanks to anyone for any help on this, but I'm
guessing that if anyone does know the answers to these
questions, it might be Steve Schoner. He was kind
enough to share some of his knowledge of the
strewnfield with me when I first contacted him years
ago. So, a special thanks to you too, Steve for your
encouragement and help then ( and maybe now ?).

    Sincerely,

    Robert Woolard