[meteorite-list] Re: questions on Correo

From: Fredmeteorhall_at_aol.com <Fredmeteorhall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:13 2004

--part1_dc.1f5cb9e2.2af6b513_boundary

Hello Robert,
   Add five more Correo meteorites found, four in 1997 and one in 1998 for a
total of 244.7 grams. Four of the meteorites fit together, a rare find before
the NWA meteorite rush. I wrote an article about the finds in Voyage!
magazine, March-April 2000. About three years ago I traded off the 19.5g that
did not fit with the others.
   I do know that there are people living in the area that look for Correo
meteorites when going out on walks. Also that the kind and lovely lady that
owns most of the land in the strewn field has always allowed me to search the
area (she has a land sales office there). However, it has been two years
since I've been there, the land was being sold at a steady rate and there are
homes in the strewn field now.
   As the total known weights for most all of the strewn fields is under
reported, so it goes for the Correo strewn field.
High Regards, Fred Hall

--part1_dc.1f5cb9e2.2af6b513_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Hello Robert,<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Add five more Correo meteorites found, four in 1997 and one in 1998 for a total of 244.7 grams. Four of the meteorites fit together, a rare find before the NWA meteorite rush. I wrote an article about the finds in Voyage! magazine, March-April 2000. About three years ago I traded off the 19.5g that did not fit with the others.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; I do know that there are people living in the area that look for Correo meteorites when going out on walks. Also that the kind and lovely lady that owns most of the land in the strewn field has always allowed me to search the area (she has a land sales office there). However, it has been two years since I've been there, the land was being sold at a steady rate and there are homes in the strewn field now. <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; As the total known weights for most all of the strewn fields is under reported, so it goes for the Correo strewn field.<BR>
High Regards, Fred Hall</FONT></HTML>

--part1_dc.1f5cb9e2.2af6b513_boundary--