[meteorite-list] Frass meteorite n others

From: Rafael B. Torres <spacecollection2001_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:15 2004

This looks familiar to me, very familiar really. Its like struggling against
something impossible and closed. Eventhough you show them real meteorite and
try to explain them real characteristics of meteorites, some people just
dont seem to understand, or maybe they dont want toĦĦĦĦĦ...as Ive told you
earlier, I want to end with a mith in my city and surroundings. This area is
called "Zona del Silencio" or Silence Zone...well almost all people here
have heard about itĦ, but the unreallistic is that they always hear: "If you
go to that place, be sure to wear helmet, if not you will be hit by a
meteorite"...hahahaha...I laugh at that, imagine a place where there is a
constant rain of meteorites!!!!..awesome isnt it?...well as impossible as it
looks, PEOPLE BELIVE ITĦĦĦĦĦ A lot of of people here have "meteorites" from
that place...nothing more than rusted hematite...Sometimes I try to explain
to rock shops and some people that those rocks arent meteorites, but they
dont want to listen. They still believe they have the real meteorites, but
not me...I have backyard stones...anyways.

They is a crazy man that drives expeditions overthat place, but he is
convinced that aliens have a permanet base there and that they live together
with the vanished mayans...Im not kidding, he really believes that and lost
contact with reality long agoĦĦĦĦĦ

****Any ideas of how to stop this myth here???...I will try to publish a
newspaper article, and also I bought one meteorite for my school, so new
young people are educated of how a real meteorites looks like.

            =0)
Rafael B. Torres
Space Collection 2001
http://www.geocities.com/rafael_blando