[meteorite-list] Meteorite nov edition

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:15 2004

Dave Harris wrote (while gently decaying :-)

> I have a set of 24 unlabelled terrestrial t/s and a polarising
> scope, but because the slides are unlabelled it is damned
> damned frustrating!!!!

And, it is "damned" colorful - so enjoy the colors, compare them
to a birefringence chart, look at the geometrical shapes of the
crystals, and look them up in a booklet like MacKENZIE W.S. and
ADAMS A.E. (1995, 1996, 2000) A Color Atlas of Rocks & Minerals
in Thin Section (John Wiley & Sons, New York-Toronto, 192 pp.).

It is well worth the while and not at all
frustrating. My two (unloved) Eurocents

Good night, bonne nuit, and buona notte,

It's time to hit the sack here :-)

Bernd

P.S.: Thank you, Mauro, for those Munic pics!