[meteorite-list] Campo del Cielo

From: BOORX4_at_aol.com <BOORX4_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:17 2004

Greetings meteorite enthusiasts,

Last Sunday I took my wife shopping to the Arizona Mills shopping mall in
Chandler, AZ (this is south of Phoenix). I came across a store called Black
Market Rock and Mineral, so while the wife was clothes shopping, I went in to
look around.
In one case they had some iron meteorites which were tagged "Campo del
Cielo."
The smaller meteorites on the upper shelf were all shiny from some sort of
lacquer coating. I thought this was a very odd way to sell irons. Maybe it
looks good for tourists. The lower shelf had much larger meteorites. I was
able to read the price on one which was about the size of a grapefruit. The
were asking $635.00. I thought this to be a little pricey and the entire lot
of meteorites, one big rip off.

What does the list think? Your comments are quite welcome.

Bob