[meteorite-list] Hadejia

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:17 2004

A few days ago, Pierre kindly wrote:

> I received recently a piece of Hadejia from E. Twelker.
> It is for sure a very nice and fresh LL6 ... quite similar
> to Bensour in fact, with a more pronounced dark-light
> clast structure. A great new fall from Africa!

and:

> I am surprised that it does not trigger any fever
> on the list, compared to Bensour hysteria ...

http://www.alaska.net/~meteor/HDJ.htm

Hello All,

If Pierre was a Brit, I'd say his description of Hadejia is a British
understatement. I received my little slice today, and what shall I tell
you? I've been collecting meteorites for many years now but seldom
have I seen such a pristine, extraordinary beauty: awesome brecciation,
light-colored clasts, medium-gray clasts, vera dark clasts,shock veins,
fresh fusion crust, finely disseminated minute spray of FeNi metal, and
so much more!

Take Peekskill, Zag (H3-6), plus Bensour, shake and mix
thoroughly, and you'll have something resembling Hadejia!!!

Sorry, but after twenty-five years into meteorites, there is
still enough enthusiasm to take off and sail along - sometimes :-)

Bernd