[meteorite-list] picture taking technique?

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:53 2004

Hello all

If interested I sale my digital Olympus Camedia C-860L
1.3 mega pixel and digital zoom 2x in perfect
conditions for Euro 100 or $100 + shipping. Is a good
camera.
Regards

Matteo

--- "Rafael B. Torres"
<spacecollection2001_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Michael and list. I would really go for a
> Digital Camera if you don't
> want your pictures for a serious work. I have a
> digital camera too, its a
> Kodak 1 megapixel and its quite good, I got it for
> $160 a year ago, you can
> get one better for that price now. The Sony
> Cybershot has a lot of
> functions, including one for taking closeups, thats
> taking a picture too
> close to the object, less than an inch from the
> object and those are great
> photos, you can get a 2.2 megapixel Sony for about
> $220, but if you want a
> really professional they go for about $500 or more,
> but you won't regret
> that camera. Cannon, Nikkon and Sony are great
> deals, and the Kodak I have
> works pretty good, I take all pictures of my
> meteorites with that camera. Im
> not a professional photographer for close-ups, but
> what I do is that I
> choose the best resolution in the options and I take
> the photo of the
> meteorite from the shortest distance of focus and
> then use a Corel Draw to
> edit the picture, like increase brightness,
> auto-equalize, etc and the cut
> it to only the meteorite part and they work pretty
> good. Or what you can do
> too is get a camera with zoom (optical zoom works
> better) and the make the
> close-up with the camera zoom, and they will work
> too. As Michael said the
> pint is illumination. I take all pictures outside in
> the sun, and the photos
> are better there, or you can do it indoors with a
> white light flashlight and
> digital will equalize the light color. I have some
> photos that Ive taken
> with my camera in:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/rafael_blando (meteorites
> and fossils)
> http://www.geocities.com/frijolconpatas (scenic
> views around my city)
>
> But what I recommend if you can afford a $300 camera
> buy the Sony Cybershot
> 2.2 Megapixel or the Cannon A40 model, you can get
> them at Best Buy for
> about that price, but those are good camerasĦĦĦĦĦ
>

> =0)
> Rafael B. Torres
> Space Collection 2001
> http://www.geocities.com/rafael_blando

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/