[meteorite-list] Re: picture taking technique?

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:53 2004

Michael posted:

>I have seen some AMAZING stuff done with a Nikon. I have also
>heard they go through batteries like a hot knife through butter

Dear Michael and List:

The Nikon digital cameras do burn batteries quickly if you leave the
LCD viewer on (you can choose to shoot without it). If you use
regular store-bought batteries, you will get fed up very quickly and
spend a lot of money.

The easy solution -- if you are serious about your photography -- is
to invest in a few of Nikon's special rechargeable batteries. They
are not cheap ($40 each), but they last! I have three which I rotate,
and charge them up at night. I use them almost daily, and they are
still working fine, 1 1/2 years on. A solid investment, and
eco-friendly too : ) The recharger doubles as an AC adaptor so you
can plug the camera in directly when working on studio set-ups, etc.

I admit that I'm entirely biased (having been an avid Nikon user for
18 years), but in my opinion you can't beat them.

Regards,

Geoff N.

p.s. Michael I think this was the "blue background meteorite photo"
that you mentioned in your post yesterday:

http://www.notkin.net/temp/catface.htm