[meteorite-list] picture taking technique?

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:54 2004

Hello again,

I should have noted we are talking about the Nikon Coolpix series as Anne
mentioned. Also he batteries I bought on the way to the Denver party were
cheapies, all the gas station had, and lasted about 10 minutes, being
generous. When buying anything you should think, how are you going to use
it? Meteorite photo taking means taking a lot of photos of items around an
inch, that means, if you are buying a camera for that reason, the micro
funtions are the features you should be looking for. The Nikon Coolpix
Series in the best in my opinion in that reguard. I use the Nikon 990 and
have been quite rough to it. Its been dropped, kicked, tossed in airplane
bags, and has done me very well. It made some very nice photos in Manhatten
and my Statue of Liberty. I push a camera pretty hard, probley 2 hours of
use a day average. I've never had a problem.

All the following have been taken with the Nikon.

http://photos.yahoo.com/zemadpoet

I will always be adding more photos so check back from time to time if you
would like. This page is also linked in my eBay about me. I am also
planning to add a section using my microscope and thin sections with Steve
Schoner's "POLARVIEW" . A neat little tool Steve did a great job on. (And
it is cheaper then some thin secitons).

Mark Bostick