[meteorite-list] question: Tafassasset classification

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:54 2004

--part1_10c.18d38d21.2accf897_boundary

In a message dated 10/2/2002 10:32:55 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
svendbuhl_at_web.de writes:

> Second question is TKW. In the first report in MAPS 37 the TKW is
> discribed as 110kg. But I just came across an article by Anne Black in
> Fusion Crust (march 02). (You should see the outstanding Tafassasset
> specimen on her page!) She reports about recent analysis and the fact,
> that some of the material recovered in fact turned out to be meteorites

Thank you very much Svend!!
I have many more pieces if anyone is interested. :-)

As far as I know the TKW is still at best uncertain.
I have copies of 2 reports on the composition of Tafassasset. One from the
Musee d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris, and the other from the Max Planck
Institute. Both classify Tafassasset as a Carbonaceous Chondrite,
Renazzo-type, with relict chondrules.

I also have some thin-sections of Tafassasset, if you would like to study it
and decide for yourself. :-)

Let me know!

Anne Black
IMCA #2356