[meteorite-list] Tafassasset classification

From: fcressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:54 2004

Hello John and all,
Regarding your primative achondrite question, Norton's "Encyclopedia of
Meteorites" has a page dedicated to the subject (P. 165). He states that
"primative achondrites have achondrite textures but still retain something
of their chondritic composition." and that they "are transitional between"
chondrites and achondrites. As examples of primative achondrites, he uses
acapulcoites, lodranites and winonaites.
Hope this helps.
Frank