[meteorite-list] Troilite in Allende?

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:56 2004

Hello again,

Are there appreciable amounts of troilite in the Allende matrix, in
and around Allende chondrules? Not only does the matrix of several
of my Allende slices show fine aggregates of what looks like minute,
golden stardust, but, as if to make matters even more complicated,
several chondrules are armored by massive (well, massive under the
microscope) rims that look like crystalline pyrite. Some chondrules
even look as if they had been "pyritized". What am I looking at?

Puzzled,
Bernd