[meteorite-list] Colorado Meteor?

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:56 2004

--part1_c5.2a4c3bc9.2ad2759f_boundary

Hello members,

It is Colorado's turn, it seems.
This was on the Local News tonight:

"A large, brightly colored meteor was seen along the Front Range just after
seven o'clock Sunday evening.

Viewers report seeing a large red/orange ball with a green tail streaking
across the sky. It was visible from Estes Park to Conifer.

The Denver Museum of Nature and Science says the color is due to the chemical
composition of the meteor. It creates different colors as it burns through
the atmosphere.

The museum is not sure where the meteor landed. Museum officials would like
to hear from anyone on the western slope who saw it. They also would like to
see any video of the meteor. To report meteor sightings or video to the
museum, go to www.cloudbait.com and fill out the meteor report.

(Copyright 2002 by 9NEWS KUSA-TV. All Rights Reserved)

And NO, I didn't see it!! :-(
I was too busy setting up my almost-weekly bunch of Ebay auctions.

Anne Black
IMCA #2356
www.IMPACTIKA.com
e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com

--part1_c5.2a4c3bc9.2ad2759f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="verdana" LANG="0">Hello members,
<BR>
<BR>It is Colorado's turn, it seems.
<BR>This was on the Local News tonight:
<BR>
<BR><I>"A large, brightly colored meteor was seen along the Front Range just after seven o'clock Sunday evening.
<BR>
<BR>Viewers report seeing a large red/orange ball with a green tail streaking across the sky. It was visible from Estes Park to Conifer.
<BR>
<BR>The Denver Museum of Nature and Science says the color is due to the chemical composition of the meteor. It creates different colors as it burns through the atmosphere.
<BR>
<BR>The museum is not sure where the meteor landed. Museum officials would like to hear from anyone on the western slope who saw it. They also would like to see any video of the meteor. To report meteor sightings or video to the museum, go to www.cloudbait.com and fill out the meteor report.</I>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=CENTER><I>(Copyright 2002 by 9NEWS KUSA-TV. All Rights Reserved) </FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="verdana" LANG="0"></I>
<BR><P ALIGN=LEFT>
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="verdana" LANG="0">And NO, I didn't see it!! &nbsp;&nbsp;:-(
<BR>I was too busy setting up my almost-weekly bunch of Ebay auctions.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="verdana" LANG="0">
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Anne Black
<BR>IMCA #2356
<BR>www.IMPACTIKA.com
<BR>e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com</P></P></FONT></HTML>

--part1_c5.2a4c3bc9.2ad2759f_boundary--