[meteorite-list] Virus Problems

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:57 2004

Hello Tom, Jonathan, and List,

I got these multiple emails too - just like Matteo and many others.

Absolutely necessary first step: keep virus protection updated (Norton,
MacAfee, etc.)

First anti-step: D E L E T E

Second anti-step: No direct response - that's why I
don't use Tom's email he sent a few minutes ago.

You will already have noticed that I usually add information about
attachments in my subject lines - example: BL# 18 - 3 JPEGs (xxxKB).
The recipient will then be able to compare what I sent with what he
got. An additional safety measure is to accurately describe in your
posts and/or mails what you are sending - example: I am attaching a
Microsoft Word document called "...". It comprises "xxx" KBs...

What makes Jonathan's unintentional (!) posts so very suspect is the
word "boot". We all know how much damage a virus can do to our boot
sectors. Knocking on wood because, so far, I have never had the bug ...
or have I :-( ???

Anyway, Jonathan, keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

Bernd