[meteorite-list] Join Expedition to Libyan Desert!

From: N Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:00 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C2713B.53660800

Adventurers!

Last chance! For several months we at the Tektite Source =
(http://TektiteSource.com) have been working to get some adventurers =
together for a trip into the Libyan Desert glass strewn field in =
southeastern Egypt. We still need a few more folks to get the trip =
confirmed. The plan is to make the two week trip during late =
February-Early March, 2003 in order to catch the best weather window. =
The cost will be about $2500 per person, not including your arrangements =
to reach and depart Cairo. Logistics will be handled by =
http://www.fjexpeditions.com/. These folks have been leading =
expeditions into the region mostly to look at rock art, etc. This will =
be the first trip focused exclusively on Libyan Desert glass. Visit =
their site for details, and feel free to contact them directly with =
questions. The Tektite Source is not in this for profit----we just want =
to go and need at least six more team members if we are to arrange a =
trip that emphasizes collecting. Other expeditions offered by this =
organizer typically spend a half day or so looking for LDG if the area =
happens to fall on their route.

This is a major adventure trip, involving about five days cross-country =
travel through sand seas with dunes up to 300m tall, ONE WAY. We'll =
spend about 4 days in the collecting area, then return if we have enough =
fuel and water to make it out----

We need to finalize the team (limited by logistics to 8 to 10 =
individuals only, first come, first served) within the next few weeks, =
so let us and fjexpeditions know if your are interested.

Cheers,
Norm Lehrman

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C2713B.53660800

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Adventurers!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Last chance!&nbsp; For several months we at the =
Tektite Source=20
(<A href=3D"http://TektiteSource.com">http://TektiteSource.com</A>) have =
been=20
working to get some adventurers together for a trip into the Libyan =
Desert glass=20
strewn field in southeastern Egypt.&nbsp; We still need a few more folks =
to get=20
the trip confirmed.&nbsp; The plan is to&nbsp;make the&nbsp;two =
week&nbsp;trip=20
during late February-Early March, 2003 in order to catch the best =
weather=20
window.&nbsp; The cost will be about $2500 per person, not including =
your=20
arrangements to reach and depart Cairo.&nbsp; Logistics will be handled =
by <A=20
href=3D"http://www.fjexpeditions.com/">http://www.fjexpeditions.com/</A>.=
&nbsp;=20
These folks have been leading expeditions into the region mostly to look =
at rock=20
art, etc.&nbsp; This will be the first trip focused exclusively on =
Libyan Desert=20
glass.&nbsp; Visit their site for details, and feel free to contact them =

directly with questions.&nbsp; The Tektite Source is not in this for=20
profit----we just want to go and need at least six more team members if =
we are=20
to arrange a trip that emphasizes collecting.&nbsp; Other expeditions =
offered by=20
this organizer typically spend a half day or so looking for LDG if the =
area=20
happens to fall on their route.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This is a major adventure trip, involving about five =
days=20
cross-country travel through sand seas with dunes up to 300m tall, ONE=20
WAY.&nbsp; We'll spend about 4 days in the collecting area, then return =
if we=20
have enough fuel and water to make it out----</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>We need to finalize the team (limited by logistics =
to 8 to 10=20
individuals only, first come, first served) within the next few weeks, =
so let us=20
and fjexpeditions know if your are interested.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Cheers,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Norm Lehrman</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C2713B.53660800--