[meteorite-list] NWA 1109 Howardite or Eucrite?

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:00 2004

Hello Frank et al.,

I think you're right that they should consider the texture as well, and
not only rely on just the composition for the reasons you mention. In
the end I believe that would probably be figured into the picture. One
clarification that I think should be made - when Adam says that a
howardite must have greater than 10% orthopyroxene, that is correct;
however it must also have less than 90% orthopyroxene or else it would
be called a polymict diogenite.

But please Frank, I have a hard enough time keeping this scheme straight
without adding more complexity! Maybe they should just call them all
vestites.

David