[meteorite-list] crystals in meteorites?

From: mafer_at_domafer.com <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:02 2004

Hi Tom and list
Crystals can be found in any of the meteorites that have undergone
differenciation (melting basicly) and the cooling process is slow enough.
Only those undifferenciated meteorites can be different. The crystals can
be easily seen in thin section as (in petrologist terms) hedral (a
complete crystaline shape, subhedral not a complete crystal outline like
its been broken but some faces can be distinguished, and anhedral which is
no crystal shape at all. Sometimes within olivine chondrules one sees
filiments of pyroxene , these filiments are crystals as well.Mark